Barry McKay ConsultingWinnipeg, MBFull-time, PermanentApply now
Barry McKay Consulting (BMC) was founded in the year 2000 with a vision to become a leading end-to-end IT support provider for organizations of all sizes and types. Our mission is to enable clients to conduct, expand and simplify their operations by providing tailored, reliable, and affordable end-to-end IT, including network support services, procurement, business development, web development and hosting.
The company values of customer service, reliability and quality are deeply engrained in our company culture. Our focus is on building long-term relationships between our team and our clients.
Do you know WordPress, PHP, and Linux Servers? Are you interested in working with a locally owned Manitoba Business? Do you live in Winnipeg – or super close to Winnipeg?
If so – We are looking for an experienced Full Stack WordPress Developer to join our team! As a Full Stack WordPress Developer at Barry McKay Consulting, you will be responsible for developing, supporting, troubleshooting, and hosting WordPress sites.
Through your technical skills and experience, you will add your expertise to our customer-focused support team, enabling you to expand your skills while working with our amazing clients. We pride ourselves on our ability to be resourceful and innovative to ensure our clients are receiving personalized service and support.
Required experience and skills:
- 5+ years’ experience with WordPress development
- 5+ years’ experience with PHP coding of custom applications and WordPress themes, functions, and hooks
- 5+ years’ experience working with Linux servers including bash, Apache2, MySQL, MariaDB, cron and cPanel
- Current knowledge of industry best practices for UX and UI
- A very strong working knowledge of domain names, registrars, DNS, NGINX, SSH, SMTP, FTP/sFTP and htaccess
- Ability to manage priorities with the team, stay on task, work within budgeted time and communicate with co-workers and clients
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to identify and recommend innovative and effective solutions
- Work effectively and collaboratively with others
- Ability to work independently at times with initiative and with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
Ideal if you also had experience in:
- Dot Net
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience
- Group health benefits (after 3 months)
- Mileage compensation
- Available parking
- A chill and comfortable working environment
- Fully COVID-vaccinated workplace
- Work/life balance supported
Please send your resume and cover letter to jen at Barry McKay Consulting – see posting for link to apply.
We will only consider applications from job candidates who submit a detailed resume and cover letter that outlines why you’d like to join our team and what special skills and abilities you can contribute.
Note – We are looking for local candidates – residents of Manitoba. Priority in our interest will be focused on local residents.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $1.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
All standard Covid precautions – and additional encouragements – have been put in place to keep our team and our clients safe.
- PHP coding of custom applications and standard applications: 5 years (required)
- Linux servers incl ncluding bash, Apache2, MySQL ect.: 5 years (required)
- knowledge of domain names, registrars, DNS, NGINX ect.: 1 year (preferred)
- Team work: 5 years (required)
- WordPress Development: 5 years (required)
30+ days ago
10 replies on “wordpress”
I have not checked in here for some time because I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂
Good write-up, I¦m normal visitor of one¦s site, maintain up the nice operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a long time.
Enjoyed reading this, very good stuff, regards.
Very nice post and straight to the point. I am not sure if this is truly the best place to ask but do you people have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thanks 🙂
Very interesting topic, appreciate it for posting.
I am continuously invstigating online for ideas that can assist me. Thx!
I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100 certain. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I just like the valuable info you supply in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and take a look at again here frequently. I am relatively certain I will learn many new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the next!
Hello. fantastic job. I did not imagine this. This is a splendid story. Thanks!
A person essentially help to make seriously articles I would state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular publish amazing. Magnificent job!